We perform quality and conformance testing by specification SAE AS5780A, which covers five grades of gas turbine engine lubricating oils. This specification defines basic physical, chemical, and performance limits for 5 cSt grades of gas turbine engine lubricating oils used in aero and aero-derived marine and industrial applications, along with standard test methods and requirements for laboratories performing them. It also defines the quality control requirements to assure batch conformance and materials traceability, and the procedures to manage and communicate changes in oil formulation and brand.
For additional information on this specification or to purchase a copy of the specification, please click HERE to open a new window and visit the SAE International website.
The following is a list of test methods we perform according to Specification SAE AS5780A. To learn more about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- SAE ARP5088 - Acid Number Test
- FTM 3403 - Compatibility of Turbine Lubricating Oils
- FTM 5308 - Corrosion & Oxidation
- ASTM D4052 - Density & API Gravity
- FTM 3604 - Elastomer Compatibility
- Def Stan 05-50 (Part 61) Method 22 - Elastomer Compatibility
- ASTM D2624 - Electrical Conductivity
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence
- SAE AS5780A - High Temperature Deposition Test (HTDT)
- FTM 3411 - Thermal Stability & Corrosivity
- SAE ARP5996 - HLPS Dynamic Coking
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point
- FTM 3010 - Trace Sediment
- ASTM D2603 - Sonic Shear Stability
- ASTM D2270 - Viscosity Index
- ASTM D2532 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity