MIL-DTL-17111 - Hydraulic Transmission Fluid
We perform lubricants testing by Military Specification MIL-DTL-17111, which covers a hydraulic transmission fluid used in systems involving mechanical or fibrous filters or centrifugal purification. This military specification covers a class of hydraulic transmission fluid that consists of mineral oil products and approved additive materials. This class of hydraulic transmission fluid is required to be noncorrosive to bearings and hydraulic systems and hydraulic systems. It is also required to not cause clogging of oil screens or valves.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes Military Specification MIL-F-17111.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-DTL-17111. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact one of our laboratories today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
- ASTM D611 - Aniline Point
- ASTM D91 - Precipitation Number
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point
- ASTM D95 - Water by Distillation
- ASTM D1500 - Color Analysis
- ASTM D5621 - Shear Stability of Hydraulic Fluids
- ASTM D2266 - Four Ball Lubricity
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss
- MIL-DTL-17111 §126.96.36.199 - Aniline Point Change Test
- MIL-DTL-17111 §188.8.131.52 - Low Temperature Turbidity Test
- ASTM D665 - Corrosion Protection (Modified per Specification)
- MIL-DTL-17111 §184.108.40.206.1 - Corrosion & Oxidation Test
- MIL-DTL-17111 §220.127.116.11.2 - Corrosion & Oxidation Test
- MIL-DTL-17111 §18.104.22.168 - Water Sludging Test