MIL-L-46000C - Semi-Fluid Lubricant (Automatic Weapons)
We perform lubricants quality testing by military specification MIL-L-46000, which covers a semi-fluid lubricant for M61, M39, and related automatic weapons. This lubricant is identified by Military Symbol LSA and NATO Code No. 0-158. This lubricant is intended for use in the operation of the M61, M39, and related types of automatic weapons operated under conditions of extreme pressure in the -54 to +127 C (-65 to +260 F) temperature range.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-L-46000. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D664 - Acid Number
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability
- FTM 4304 - Copper Corrosion
- ASTM D217 - Cone Penetration (modified to meet the specification's requirements)
- MIL-L-46000C §4.9.1 - Film Strength
- FTM 6503 - Extreme Pressure Characteristics (modified to meet the specification's requirements)
- ASTM D1748 - Rust Protection
- ASTM D2266 - Four Ball Lubricity
- FTM 3465 - Storage Stability