DOD-PRF-85734 - Synthetic Base Helicopter Transmission System Lubricating Oil
We perform lubricants quality testing by military specification DOD-PRF-85734, which covers a synthetic base helicopter transmission system lubricating oil. This lubricating oil is intended for use in helicopter transmissions and gearboxes for air, sea, and ground mobility equipment. These oils are designed for operation within the approximate bulk oil temperature range of -40 to 175 °C (-40 to 350 °F). This specification fulfills the military unique requirement for a high performance aviation transmission lubricant certified for use in the gearboxes and transmissions of all type/model/series helicopters designed to operate on a 5cS lubricant.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of tests that are required by Specification DOD-PRF-85734. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact one of our laboratories today. To learn more about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- FTM 3500 - Acid assay
- ASTM D2532 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point
- SAE ARP5088 - Acid Number Test
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence
- FTM 3604 - Elastomer Compatibility
- FTM 3433 - Elastomer Compatibility
- FTM 3403 - Compatibility of Turbine Lubricating Oils
- FTM 3411 - Thermal Stability & Corrosivity
- FTM 3010 - Trace Sediment
- ASTM D2603 - Sonic Shear Stability
- ASTM D4951 - Metals in Lubricating Oils by ICP
- FTM 5308 - Corrosion & Oxidation (72 hours at 175°C/347°F & 204°C/400°F & 218°C/425°F)