MIL-PRF-3150E - Medium Preservative Lubricating Oil
We perform lubricants testing by military specification MIL-PRF-3150, which covers a general purpose lubricating oil intended to preserve metals. This grade of preservative lubricating oil identified by Military Symbol PL-M and NATO Code No. O-192. The lubricating oil is intended for the preservation of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and as a general purpose and ordinance lubricant where light loads are anticipated. However, this oil is not intended for the protection of interior surfaces of internal combustion engines.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-L-3150.
Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory can perform complete qualification testing and conformance testing in accordance with MIL-PRF-3150E. The following is a list of tests we perform according to Specification MIL-PRF-3150E. To learn more about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip
- MIL-PRF-3150 §4.4.2 - Oil Removability Test
- ASTM D1748 - Rust Protection
- ASTM B117 - Salt Spray Corrosion Test
- MIL-PRF-3150 §4.5.3 - Accelerated Stability
- MIL-PRF-3150 §4.5.4 - Low Temperature Stability
- MIL-PRF-3150 §4.5.5 - Storage Stability
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss