MIL-PRF-63460 - Cleaner and Preservative Lubricant for Weapons and Weapons Systems
We perform lubricants testing by military specification MIL-PRF-63460, which covers a lubricant used in both small and large caliber military weapons. This lubricant is identified by Military Symbol CLP and NATO Code No. S-758. It is intended for use in cleaning, lubricating, and short-term preservation of both small and large caliber military weapons. It facilitates the effective removal of firing residues, gums and other contaminants from weapon components while providing lubrication and short term preservation for reliable weapons operation.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-L-63460.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-PRF-63460. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact one of our laboratories today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- MIL-PRF-63460 §4.2.4 - Color & Appearance Test
- ASTM D56 - Flash Point
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss
- ASTM D1748 - Rust Protection
- ASTM D4172 - Four Ball Lubricity
- ASTM D2625 - Load Carrying Capacity (Modified per Specification)
- ASTM D6866 - Biobased Content
- MIL-PRF-63460 §4.3.1 - Corrosion Production Test
- MIL-PRF-63460 §4.3.2 - Chemical Agent Detector Paper Test
- FTM 5329 - Rust Protection Test (Modified per Specification)
- ASTM B117 - Salt Spray Corrosion Test (Modified per Specification)
- FTM 3007 - Water Displacement & Water Stability Test (Modified per Specification)
- MIL-PRF-63460 §4.5.1 - Firing Residue Removal Test
- MIL-PRF-63460 §126.96.36.199 - Cold Temperature - Weapons Firing
- MIL-PRF-63460 §188.8.131.52 - Sand/Dust Environments - Weapons Firing
- MIL-PRF-63460 §184.108.40.206 - Salt-Spray Environment - Weapons Firing