MIL-PRF-7870D - General Purpose Low Temperature Lubricating Oil
We perform lubricants testing by military specification MIL-PRF-7870, which describes a lubricant used in low temperatures and identified by NATO Code No. O-142.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-L-7870.
Alcor Petrolab can run all of the tests required for qualification testing and conformance testing of MIL-PRF-7870D lubricants. The following is a list of tests that we perform according to MIL-PRF-7870D. To learn more about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point Test
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point Test
- ASTM D91 - Precipitation Number Test
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
- ASTM D4636 - Corrosion & Oxidation
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss Test
- ASTM D1500 - Color Analysis
- MIL-PRF-7870D §4.4.3 - Corrosion Protection Test (based on ASTM D1748)
- MIL-PRF-7870D §4.4.4 - Low Temperature Stability
- MIL-PRF-7870D §4.4.5 - Corrosivity Test (similar to FTM 5321 - Galvanic Corrosion)