MIL-PRF-21260E - Internal Combustion Engine Preservative Break-In Lubricating Oil
We perform lubricants testing by military specification MIL-PRF-21260, which covers engine oils used in spark-ignition and compression-ignition type engines. These engine oils are suitable for preservation, break-in, and lubrication of reciprocating internal combustion engines of both spark-ignition and compression-ignition types, and of power transmission fluid applications in equipment used in combat/tactical service.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-L-21260.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-PRF-21260E. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D2270 - Viscosity Index
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point
- FTM 203 - Stable Cloud Point
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point
- ASTM D287 - API Gravity/Density
- ASTM D524 - Ramsbottom Carbon Residue
- ASTM D664 - Acid Number
- ASTM D2896 - Total Base Number
- ASTM D5185M - Metals in Fuel or Oil by ICP
- ASTM D2622 - Sulfur by XRF
- ASTM D4629 - Total Nitrogen
- ASTM D874 - Sulfated Ash Content
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip
- FTM 5308 - Corrosion & Oxidation
- MIL-PRF-21260 §220.127.116.11.3 - Acid Neutralization Test
- FTM 3470 - Homogeneity & Miscibility of Oils
- FTM 5329 - Rust Protection
- MIL-PRF-21260 §18.104.22.168 - Salt Water Immersion Test