MIL-H-19457D - Non-Neurotoxic Fire-Resistant Hydraulic Fluid
We perform lubricants testing by military specification MIL-H-19457, which covers fire-resistant hydraulic fluid used in certain types of hydraulic systems. This hydraulic fluid is used in hydraulic systems that are accumulator loaded and operate above 600 pounds per square inch gauge.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of the tests required by Specification MIL-H-19457D. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
- FTM 5101 - Neutrality
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence
- ASTM D1401 - Water Separability
- ASTM D287 - API Gravity/Density
- ASTM D1218 - Refractive Index & Dispersion
- ASTM D91 - Precipitation Number
- MIL-H-19457D §4.5.1 - Fire Resistance
- ASTM D2266 - Four Ball Lubricity
- ASTM D95 - Water by Distillation
- MIL-H-19457D §4.5.2 - Hydrolytic Stability