ASTM D396 - Specification for Fuel Oils
This specification covers grades of fuel oil intended for use in various types of fuel-oil-burning equipment under various climatic and operating conditions.
For additional information on this test method or to purchase a copy of the method, please click HERE to open a new window and visit the ASTM website.
This is a list of the tests required by Specification ASTM D396. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D93 - Flash Point Test
- ASTM D2709 - Water & Sediment Test
- ASTM D95 - Water by Distillation Test
- ASTM D473 - Sediment by Extraction Test
- ASTM D86 - Distillation Test
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
- ASTM D524 - Ramsbottom Carbon Residue Test
- ASTM D482 - Ash Content Test
- ASTM D2622 - Sulfur by XRF Test
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip Test
- ASTM D1298 - Density (API Gravity)
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point Test