MIL-DTL-38219D - Low Volatility Turbine Fuel
We perform jet fuel quality testing by military specification MIL-DTL-38219, which covers a grade of aviation turbine fuel designated as JP-7.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-PRF-38219.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-DTL-38219D. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact one of our laboratories today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D1319 - FIA Analysis
- ASTM D3227 - Mercaptan Sulfur Analysis
- ASTM D2622 - Sulfur by XRF
- ASTM D86 - Distillation
- ASTM D93 - Flash Point
- ASTM D1298 - Density (API Gravity)
- MIL-DTL-38219 Appendix A or C - Vapor Pressure
- ASTM D2386 - Freeze Point
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D3338 - Estimated Net Heat of Combustion (BTU)
- ASTM D3343 - Hydrogen Content of Aviation Fuels
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip
- ASTM D3241 - Jet Fuel Thermal Oxidation Test (JFTOT)
- ASTM D381 - Gum Content
- ASTM D2276 - Particulate Matter Test
- ASTM D1094 - Water Reaction Analysis
- ASTM D3948 - Micro Separometer Analysis (MSEP)
- ASTM D5006 - Antiicing Inhibitors in Aviation Fuel