MIL-DTL-87107D - High Density Synthetic Hydrocarbon Type Propellant
We perform fuel testing by military specification MIL-DTL-87107, which covers JP-10 used in gas turbine engines or ramjet engines for missile application. JP-10 is a grade of high density synthetic hydrocarbon type propellant.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-P-87107.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-DTL-87107D. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D156 - Saybolt Color Analysis
- MIL-DTL-87107D Appendix A - Chemical Composition by GC
- ASTM D93 - Flash Point
or ASTM D3828 - Flash Point (Alternative to ASTM D93)
- ASTM D1298 - Density (API Gravity)
- ASTM D2386 - Freeze Point
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D240 - BTU Heat of Combustion
or ASTM D2382 - Net Heat of Combustion (Alternative to ASTM D240)
- ASTM D3241 - Jet Fuel Thermal Oxidation Test (JFTOT)
- ASTM D381 - Gum Content
- ASTM D2276 - Particulate Matter Test