MIL-PRF-680C - Degreasing Solvent
We perform testing by military specification MIL-PRF-680, which covers solvents made with petroleum distillates and used for degreasing machine parts for. These degreasing solvents consist of five types of petroleum distillates.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification P-D-680.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-PRF-680C. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D56 - Flash Point
- ASTM D86 - Distillation
- ASTM D1133 - KB Number
- ASTM D3257 - Aromatics in Mineral Spirits
- ASTM D1298 - Density (API Gravity)
- ASTM D156 - Saybolt Color Analysis
- ASTM D1296 - Odor Analysis
- ASTM D1353 - Non-Volatile Residue
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip
- ASTM F1110 - Sandwich Corrosion
- ASTM F483 - Total Immersion Corrosion Test
- ASTM F945 - Titanium Alloy Stress-Corrosion Test
- ASTM D847 - Acidity
- ASTM D235 - Doctor Test
- ASTM D2879 - Vapor Pressure by Isoteniscope
- EPA 420.1- Total Phenol Content
- EPA 8260B & EPA 3585 - Total Dicholorobenzene, Total Benzene, Total Trichloroethylene, and Total Tetrachloroethylene Content
- FTM 7502 - Soil Cleaning Test
- SCAQMD 313 - VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- MIL-PRF-680C §4.4.4 - Total Chlorine Content