MIL-PRF-6086F - Petroleum Base Gear Lubricating Oil
We perform lubricants testing by MIL-PRF-6086, which covers petroleum-based lubricating oils used in light-to-moderate-loaded gear trains or gear boxes. This oil is identified by NATO Code Numbers O-153 and O-155. These two grades of gear oil are intended for use in light-to-moderate-loaded gear trains or gear boxes that operate in low-to-medium-speed ranges down to -40°C.
To view or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-L-6086.
To learn more about the tests that we perform according to MIL-PRF-6086F. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number below.
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D2270 - Viscosity Index
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point
- ASTM D2783 - Four Ball Extreme Pressure Test
- ASTM D91 - Precipitation Number
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
- ASTM D1500 - Color Analysis
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip