MIL-PRF-24139 - Multi-purpose Water Resistant Grease
We perform grease quality testing according to military specification MIL-PRF-24139, which covers a grade of water-resistant multipurpose grease. This grease is used in applications requiring water resistance. This specification is approved for use by the Navy, and is available for use by all Departments and Agencies of the Department of Defense (US).
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-G-24139.
The following is a list of the tests required by Specification MIL-PRF-24139. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- MIL-PRF-24139 §4.5.2 - Grease Appearance
- FTM 5309 - Grease Corrosion
- ASTM D217 - Cone Penetration
- ASTM D2265 - Grease Dropping Point
- MIL-PRF-24139 §4.5.4 - Performance
- ASTM D1092 - Apparent Viscosity
- FTM 3005 - Dirt Content of Grease
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability
- ASTM D1264 - Grease Water Resistance
- ASTM D1478 - Low Temperature Torque
- ASTM D1743 - Grease Corrosion Prevention