MIL-PRF-27617 - Aircraft & Instrument Grease (Fuel & Oxidizer Resistant)
We perform grease testing by specification MIL-PRF-27617, which covers lubricating greases used in aircraft, aerospace vehicles, and supporting equipment.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-G-27617.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-PRF-27617G. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D1403 - Cone Penetration
- FTM 5309 - Grease Corrosion
- ASTM D3336 - High Temperature Performance
- ASTM D2595 - Grease Evaporation Loss
- ASTM D6184 - Oil Separation from Grease
- FTM 5414 - Grease Resistance
- FTM 5415 - Grease Solubility
- FTM 3467 - Grease Storage Stability
- ASTM D1264 - Grease Water Resistance
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability
- ASTM D2512 - Shock Sensitivity with Liquid Oxygen
- ASTM D2266 - Four Ball Lubricity
- ASTM D2596 - Grease Four-Ball Test
- ASTM D1478 - Low Temperature Torque
- FTM 3722 - Molybdenum Disulfide Analysis
- FTM 3005 - Dirt Content of Grease