MIL-G-81937 - Ultra-Clean Instrument Grease
We perform lubricating grease testing by military specification MIL-G-81937, which covers the requirements a grade of ultra-clean instrument grease. This grease is used as a lubricant for bearings in instruments and related components such synchros and gyros. It is ideal for bearings with small tolerances with respect to clearance.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of the tests required by Specification MIL-G-81937. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D2265 - Grease Dropping Point
- ASTM D1403 - Cone Penetration
- FTM 3005 - Dirt Content of Grease
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability
- ASTM D4048 - Grease Copper Corrosion
- ASTM D1264 - Grease Water Resistance
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss
- FTM 321 - Oil Separation from Grease
- ASTM D3337 - Life & Torque of Lubricating Grease Test
- FTM 335 - Grease Gear Wear
- ASTM D1743 - Grease Corrosion Prevention
- FTM 3467 - Grease Storage Stability
- MIL-G-81937 §4.6.3 - Low Temperature Torque