MIL-PRF-83261 - Extreme Pressure Anit-Wear Aircraft Grease
We perform lubricating grease testing by military specification MIL-PRF-83261 which covers the requirements for an aircraft lubricating grease. This grease is used for aircraft accessories which operate at high speeds and under heavy loads.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-G-83261.
The following is a list of the tests required by Specification MIL-PRF-83261C. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D217 - Cone Penetration
- MIL-PRF-83261 §4.4.3 - Grease Storage Stability
- FTM 313 - Grease Penetration
- ASTM D2595 - Grease Evaporation Loss
- ASTM D1742 - Oil & Grease Separation
- ASTM D2596 - Grease Four-Ball Test
- ASTM D1264 - Grease Water Resistance
- ASTM D2266 - Four Ball Lubricity
- ASTM D1478 - Low Temperature Torque
- ASTM D3336 - High Temperature Performance