DOD-G-24508 - Multi-Purpose High Performance Grease
We perform quality and conformance grease testing by military specification DOD-G-24508, which covers a grade of lubricating grease. This military specification covers the requirements for a grade of grease for multi-purpose use and for use in grease lubricated ball and roller bearings operating continuously and intermittently at high temperatures.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes Military Specifications MIL-G-18709 and MIL-G-24508.
The following is a list of the tests required by Specification DOD-G-24508A. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D2265 - Grease Dropping Point
- ASTM D217 - Cone Penetration
- FTM 5309 - Grease Corrosion
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability
- ASTM D1264 - Grease Water Resistance
- ASTM D2595 - Grease Evaporation Loss
- FTM 321 - Oil Separation from Grease
- ASTM D2596 - Grease Four-Ball Test
- ASTM D1478 - Low Temperature Torque
- ASTM D2266 - Four Ball Lubricity
- FTM 3005 - Dirt Content of Grease
- ASTM D1743 - Grease Corrosion Prevention
- FTM 333 - High Temperature Performance
- FTM 3603 - Elastomer Compatibility
- FTM 335 - Grease Gear Wear
- FTM 6516 - Oscillation (Friction Oxidation & Tester)
- FTM 3467 - Grease Storage Stability