ASTM D8029 - Biodegradable, Low Aquatic Toxicity Hydraulic Fluids Specification
We perform lubricants quality testing according to Specification ASTM D8029, which covers biodegradable hydraulic fluids with low aquatic toxicity. These biodegradable hydraulic fluids are used in industrial and mobile applications. Biodegradable fluids sometimes perform differently than traditional mineral oils, which is why separate performance requirements are used.
For additional information on this test method or to purchase a copy of the method, please click HERE to open a new window and visit the ASTM website.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification ASTM D8029. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact us today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D2422 - Viscosity System for Industrial Fluid Lubricants
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D2270 - Viscosity Index
- CEC-L-45-99A - Viscosity Change After Shear
- ASTM D1298 - Density (API Gravity)
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
or ASTM D664 - Acid Number
- ASTM D665 - Corrosion Protection
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip
- ASTM D1401 - Water Separability
- ASTM D6546 – Elastomer & Hydraulic Fluid Compatibility
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence
- ASTM D3427 - Air Release Value
- ASTM D943 - Oxidation Stability
- ASTM D4310 - Sludging & Corrosion Tendency of Mineral Oils
- ASTM D2070 - Thermal Stability of Hydraulic Oils
- ASTM D7043 - Wear Characteristics of Hydraulic Fluid