ASTM D6871 - Natural (Vegetable Oil) Ester Fluids Used in Electrical Apparatus Specification
We perform quality and conformance testing by Specification ASTM D6871, which covers a high fire point natural vegetable oil ester insulating fluid. This insulating fluid is used as a dielectric and cooling medium in new and existing power and distribution electrical apparatus such as transformers and attendant equipment. This type of insulating fluid is an agricultural product derived from vegetable oils rather than refined from petroleum base stocks or synthesized from organic precursors.
For additional information on this specification or to purchase a copy, please click HERE to open a new window and visit the ASTM website.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification ASTM D6871. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact us today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D1500 - Color Analysis
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point Test
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point Test
- ASTM D1298 - Density (API Gravity)
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
or ASTM D88 - Saybolt Viscosity Test
- ASTM D1524 - Visual Examination
- ASTM D877 - Dielectric Strength Test
- ASTM D1816 - Dielectric Strength Test
- ASTM D3300 - Dieletric Breakdown Voltage, Impulse Conditions
- ASTM D924 - Dielectric Constant Test
- ASTM D2300 - Gassing Tendency
- ASTM D1275 - Copper Corrosion Test
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
- ASTM D4059 - PCB Content
- ASTM D1533 - Karl Fischer Water Content