Aircraft Disinfectant Testing & Certification
Aircraft interiors are cleaned more frequently and more thoroughly than ever before as the COVID-19 pandemic has placed an increased focus on passenger health. These aircraft interiors are composed of expensive materials and are expected to have a very long service life. Thus, it is imperative to demonstrate that the cleaners and disinfectants do not damage the aircraft interiors.
SAE AMS1452 and AMS1453 detail the quality requirements for aircraft disinfectants in both concentrated and diluted forms for use with a variety of aircraft interior surfaces, including lavatories, galleys, passenger service trays, drop-down tables, and food-contacting surfaces. To meet these requirements, disinfectants must undergo testing for flash point, storage stability, and undesirable effects on metal, rubber, plastic, and other surfaces.
SPL is a leading, independent, aviation-materials testing laboratory that is ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 17025 certified. We can perform all of the tests required to certify that your aircraft disinfectant meets all relevant quality specifications detailed in SAE AMS1452 and SAE AMS1453. The following is a list of the aircraft materials testing services that we provide:
- ASTM D56 - Flash Point Test
- ASTM F1110 - Sandwich Corrosion Test
- ASTM F483 - Total Immersion Corrosion Test
- ASTM F1111 - Cadmium Plate Corrosion Test
- ASTM F519 – Mechanical Hydrogen Embrittlement Evaluation
- ASTM F484 – Stress Crazing of Plastics
- ASTM F502 – Effect of Cleaning Materials on Painted Surfaces
- ASTM F485 – Effect of Cleaning Materials on Unpainted Surfaces
- ASTM F2109 – Color Change and Staining of Aircraft Interior Surfaces
- ASTM D471 - Swell Test
- ASTM F1104 – Long-Term Storage Stability
- SAE AMS 1452 §220.127.116.11 and SAE AMS 1453 §3.2.9 – Accelerated Storage Stability
- SAE AMS 1453 §3.2.8 – Performance of Cleaners
Depending on the nature of the testing, we may also be able to provide custom testing services to fit your needs. Please contact us for more information.