ASTM D7457 - Hydrocarbon Unleaded Aviation Gasoline Specification
We perform fuel quality and conformance testing by Specification ASTM D7547, which covers unleaded aviation gasoline used in approved aircraft engines. This specification is intended primarily for purchasing agencies, and outlines the required properties of unleaded aviation gasoline at the time and place of delivery. The aviation fuel covered by ASTM D7547 is not considered suitable for use in aircraft that are certified to use only leaded aviation gasolines of the same octane grade.
For additional information on this test method or to purchase a copy of the method, please click HERE to open a new window and visit the ASTM website.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification ASTM D. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D2700 - Motor Octane Number Test
- ASTM D4529 - Estimated Net Heat of Combustion (BTU)
or ASTM D3338 - Estimated Net Heat of Combustion (BTU)
- ASTM D2622 - Sulfur by XRF Test
- ASTM D3237 - Lead in Gasoline Test
or ASTM D5059 - Lead in Gasoline Test
- ASTM D323 - Reid Vapor Pressure Test
or ASTM D5191 - Vapor Pressure Test
- ASTM D1298 - Density (API Gravity) Test
or ASTM D4052 - Density & API Gravity
- ASTM D86 - Distillation Test
- ASTM D2386 - Freeze Point Test
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip Test
- ASTM D873 - Oxidation Stability Test
- ASTM D1094 - Water Reaction Analysis
- ASTM D2624 - Electrical Conductivity Test