MIL-G-21164 - Molybdenum Disulphide Grease for Low and High Temperatures (NATO Code G-353)
We perform grease testing according to military specification MIL-G-21164, which covers a lubricating grease used on heavily loaded sliding steel surfaces. MIL-G-21164 covers the requirements for a grade of low and high temperature molybdenum disulfide grease used as a lubricant on heavily loaded sliding steel surfaces. This grease is identified by NATO Symbol G-353 Military Symbol GMD.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of the tests required by Specification MIL-G-21164. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D2265 - Grease Dropping Point
- ASTM D217 - Cone Penetration
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability
- ASTM D4048 - Grease Copper Corrosion
- ASTM D1264 - Grease Water Resistance
- ASTM D2595 - Grease Evaporation Loss
- FTM 321 - Oil Separation from Grease
- ASTM D1478 - Low Temperature Torque
- ASTM D2596 - Grease Four-Ball Test
- ASTM D3336 - High Temperature Performance
- FTM 313 - Grease Penetration
- ASTM D1743 - Grease Corrosion Prevention
- FTM 3720 - Molybdenum Disulfide in Grease
- FTM 3467 - Grease Storage Stability