MIL-G-81827 - High Load Capacity & Wide Temperature Range Aircraft Grease
We perform lubricating grease testing by military specification MIL-G-81827, which covers a lubricating grease used on heavily loaded sliding steel surfaces. This grease is intended to be used in aircraft operating through a wide temperature range, and is compatible with elastomer seals.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of the tests required by Specification MIL-G-81827A. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D2265 - Grease Dropping Point
- ASTM D217 - Cone Penetration
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability
- ASTM D4048 - Grease Copper Corrosion
- ASTM D1264 - Grease Water Resistance
- ASTM D2595 - Grease Evaporation Loss
- FTM 321 - Oil Separation from Grease
- ASTM D1478 - Low Temperature Torque
- ASTM D2596 - Grease Four-Ball Test
- ASTM D3336 - High Temperature Performance
- FTM 313 - Grease Penetration
- ASTM D1743 - Grease Corrosion Prevention
- FTM 3722 - Molybdenum Disulfide Content
- FTM 335 - Grease Gear Wear
- FTM 5322 - Galvanic Corrosion
- FTM 3463 - Grease Water Stability
- FTM 3603 - Elastomer Compatibility
- MIL-G-81827 §4.7.3 - Grease Friction & Wear
- FTM 3467 - Grease Storage Stability