MIL-L-46150 - Semi-Fluid Weapons Lubricant
We perform quality and conformance lubricants testing by Military Specification MIL-L-46150, which covers a semi-fluid weapons lubricant. This lubricant has a low coefficient of friction and high load-carrying capacity. This lubricant is intended to be used in the 7.62 mm GAU-2B/A machine gun. It can also be used for other applications requiring an extreme-pressure lubricant with a low kinetic coefficient of friction and which is not readily removed by rapidly moving components.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-L-46150. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab specializes in unusual and custom testing and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss Test
- ASTM D1743 - Grease Corrosion Prevention Test
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability Test
- ASTM D1478 - Low Temperature Torque Test
- ASTM D1092 - Apparent Viscosity Test
- ASTM D2266 - Four Ball Lubricity Test
- ASTM D2596 - Grease Four Ball Test
- ASTM D1457 - Melting Point
- ASTM D1261 - Reaction of Lubricant with Copper
- MIL-L-46150 §4.6.1 - Kinetic Coefficient of Friction
- MIL-L-46150 §4.6.2 - Polytetrafluoroethylene Content
- MIL-L-46150 §4.6.3 - Machine-gun Performance
- MIL-L-46150 §4.6.4 - Storage Stability