MIL-L-87177 - Water Displacing Synthetic Lubricant Specification
We perform quality and conformance lubricants testing by Military Specification MIL-L-87177, which covers a synthetic water displacing lubricant. This lubricant can be applied from gas pressurized containers, or by dipping or brushing.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification has been superseded by MIL-DTL-87177 - Synthetic Lubricants Specification.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-L-87177A. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab specializes in unusual and custom testing and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- MIL-L-87177 §4.6.1 - Dryness
- ASTM D1310 - Flash and Fire Point Test
- MIL-L-87177 §4.6.2 - Grade A Synthetic Sea Water Displacement
- ASTM D877 - Dielectric Strength Test
- ASTM D2266 - Four Ball Lubricity Test
- MIL-L-87177 §4.6.3 - Residue Soluble in Trichlorotrifluoroethane
- MIL-L-87177 §4.6.4 - Leakage
- MIL-L-87177 §4.6.5 - Content
- MIL-L-87177 §4.6.6 - Performance of Pressurized Containers
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability Test
- MIL-L-87177 §4.6.7 - Grade A Corrosivity
- ASTM B117 - Salt Spray Corrosion Test
- MIL-L-87177 §4.6.9 - Sprayability