A-A-59173 - Silicone Grease Specification
We perform quality and conformance grease testing by Military Specification A-A-59173, which covers two types of silicone greases used in missile systems. These lubricating greases are used as lubricants, sealants, and as preservatives.
To read or download this specification, click [HERE]. This specification supersedes Military Specification MIL-G-46886.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification A-A-59173. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- A-A-59173 §3.1 - Consistency (Visual Inspection)
- ASTM D217 - Cone Penetration Test
- FTM 3005 - Dirt Content of Grease Test
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability Test (Modified per Specification)
- ASTM D566 - Dropping Point
or ASTM D2265 - Grease Dropping Point Test
- ASTM D2595 - Grease Evaporation Loss
- ASTM D6184 - Oil Separation from Grease Test (Modified per Specification)
- A-A-59173 §3.8 - Solidification