A-A-59197 - Fatty Oil (For Metal-Working Lubricants) Specification
We perform quality and conformance testing by Military Specification A-A-59197, which covers a grade of fatty oil used in metal working operations. This fatty oil consists of oil obtained from animal sources, with additives as necessary to meet the specification’s requirements.
To read or download this specification, click [HERE]. This specification supersedes Military Specification MIL-F-46148.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification A-A-59197. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- A-A-59197 §2.2 - Workmanship (Visual Examination)
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
- ASTM D2161 - Kinematic Viscosity Conversion
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point Test
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point Test
- ASTM D95 - Water by Distillation Test
- ASTM D94 - Saponification Number Test
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
- ASTM D4007 - Water & Sediment Test