A-A-59354 - Petroleum Base Hydraulic Fluids for Machine Tools Specification
We perform quality and conformance oil testing by Military Specification A-A-59354, which covers four grades of petroleum-based hydraulic fluids. These hydraulic fluids are used in metalworking machine tools that require anti-wear oils.
To read or download this specification, click [HERE]. This specification supersedes MIL-H-46001 - Machine Tool Hydraulic Fluid Specification.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification A-A-59354. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
- ASTM D2270 - Viscosity Index
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point Test
- ASTM D56 - Flash Point Test
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence Test
- ASTM D2882 - Wear Characteristics of Hydraulic Fluids
- FTM 5322 - Galvanic Corrosion Test
- ASTM D665 - Corrosion Protection Test
- ASTM D664 - Acid Number Test
- ASTM D1500 - Color Analysis