A-A-59685 - Sealed Ball and Roller Bearing Grease Specification
We perform quality and conformance grease testing by Military Specification A-A-59685, which covers a synthetic-base hydrocarbon grease used as a lubricant. This lubricating grease is intended in sealed bearings used in electric motors on Navy ships and submarines. It is not intended to be an extreme pressure grease or a general application lubricant.
To read or download this specification, click [HERE].
The following is a list of tests required by Specification A-A-59685. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D217 - Cone Penetration Test
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
- ASTM D2265 - Grease Dropping Point Test
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss Test
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability Test
- ASTM D2266 - Four Ball Lubricity Test
- ASTM D2596 - Grease Four Ball Test
- ASTM D1743 - Grease Corrosion Prevention Test
- FTM 3467 - Grease Storage Stability Test
- ASTM D6184 - Oil Separation from Grease Test
- ASTM D3336 - Life of Lubricating Grease