MIL-C-83933 - Corrosion Preventive Compounds Cold Application (for Motor Vehicles) Specification
We perform testing by military specification MIL-C-83933, which covers four grades of solvent dispersed corrosion preventive compounds. These compounds are intended for motor vehicles and designed for cold application.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-C-83933. We can perform almost all of these tests. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point Test
- ASTM D95 - Water by Distillation Test
- FTM 3480 - Nonvolatile Content
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip Test
- ASTM D874 - Sulfated Ash Content Test
- MIL-C-83933 §4.6.2 - Condition in Container (Visual Inspection)
- ASTM D1748 - Rust Protection Test (Modified per Specification)
- MIL-C-83933 §4.6.4 - Sprayability and Low Temperature Fluidity
- MIL-C-83933 §4.6.5 - Water Displacement
- MIL-C-83933 §4.6.6 - Fire Resistance
- MIL-C-83933 §4.6.7 - Creep
- MIL-C-83933 §4.6.8 - High Temperature Flow Test
- MIL-C-83933 §4.6.9 - Transparency
- FTM 6061 - Salt Spray Resistance (Modified per Specification)
- FTM 6151 - Accelerated Weathering (Modified per Specification)
- MIL-C-83933 §4.7.3 - Low Temperature Stability
- MIL-C-83933 §4.7.4 - Low Temperature Flexibility
- MIL-C-83933 §4.7.5 - Salt Water Immersion
- MIL-C-83933 §4.8 - Condition to Touch