MIL-PRF-26087 - Reciprocating Compressor Lubricating Oil
We perform quality and conformance lubricants testing by Military Specification MIL-PRF-26087, which covers lubricating oil used in air compressors. This lubricating oil is intended specifically for power driven, high pressure, reciprocating air compressors used for ground support.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-L-26087.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-PRF-26087. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- MIL-PRF-26087 §3.1.2 - Appearance and Workmanship (Visual Examination)
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point Test
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point Test
- ASTM E659 - Autoignition Temperature Test
- ASTM D1500 - Color Analysis
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip Test (Modified per Specification)
- ASTM D189 - Conradson Carbon Residue Test
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
- ASTM D91 - Precipitation Number Test
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence Test (Modified per Specification)