MIL-PRF-32073 - Biodegradable Hydraulic Fluid Specification
We perform quality testing by Military Specification MIL-PRF-32073, which covers biodegradable hydraulic fluids used in environmentally sensitive areas. This specification covers five grades of hydraulic fluid. These hydraulic fluids are unique to the military because of the requirements for low temperature performance and storage stability. Military applications usually require that hydraulic fluid perform at lower temperatures than most commercial applications.
These hydraulic fluids are intended to be used in environmentally sensitive areas such as construction, forestry, rivers, and mining. They are applicable for use in construction equipment, bridging, tactical vehicles, shipboard hydraulic systems, and hydraulic systems for metal tool applications.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-PRF-32073. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
- ASTM D2270 - Viscosity Index
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point Test
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point Test
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence Test
- ASTM D4172 - Four Ball Lubricity Test (Modified per Specification)
- MIL-PRF-32073 §188.8.131.52 - Fluid Clarity (Particulate Contamination Test)
- ASTM D664 - Acid Number Test
- ASTM D2273 - Trace Sediment Test
- FTM 3009 - Particle Contamination Test
- ASTM D6304 - Karl Fischer Water Content
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip Test
- FTM 5322 - Galvanic Corrosion Test
- ASTM D665 - Corrosion Protection Test (Modified per Specification)
- ASTM D3603 - Rust Prevention
- MIL-PRF-32073 §184.108.40.206 - Toxicity
- MIL-PRF-32073 §220.127.116.11 - Carcinogenicity Test
- MIL-PRF-32073 §18.104.22.168 - Storage Stability Test
- D6351 - Low Temperature Stability
- D6186 - Oxidation Stability
- ASTM E1131 - Compositional Analysis by TGA
- ASTM D5864 - Aerobic Aquatic Biodegradation of Lubricants