MIL-PRF-53074 - Mineral Steam-Cylinder Lubricating Oil Specification
We perform quality and conformance testing by Military Specification MIL-PRF-53074, which covers mineral lubricating oils used in steam engine cylinders. These lubricating oils are identified by Military Symbol 5190 (NATO Code 0-258) and Military Symbol 5230. One of these oils is intended for use as a lubricant in saturated and super-heated steam systems. The other is intended (and essential) for the lubrication of uniflow steam engine cylinders.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-L-53074.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-PRF-53074. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
- ASTM D2270 - Viscosity Index
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point Test
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point Test
- FTM 5101 - Qualitative Neutrality
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip Test
- ASTM D95 - Water by Distillation Test
- ASTM D482 - Ash Content Test
- ASTM D524 - Ramsbottom Carbon Residue Test
- ASTM D129 - Total Sulfur Test
or D1552 - Total Sulfur Test
or ASTM D2622 - Sulfur by XRF Test
- ASTM D91 - Precipitation Number Test
- ASTM D94 - Saponification Number Test