MIL-T-17128 - Sonar Transducer Fluid Specification
We perform quality and conformance lubricants testing by Military Specification MIL-T-17128, which covers a sonar transducer fluid. This fluid is a low percentage volatile, low neutralization number, and high volume resistivity castor oil.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-T-17128. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D287 - API Gravity/Density Test
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point Test
- ASTM D1544 - Color Test
- ASTM D1959 - Iodine Number
- ASTM D94 - Saponification Number Test
- ASTM D257 - Volume Resistivity
- MIL-T-17128 §4.4.2 - Acetyl Value
- ASTM D128 - Lubricating Grease Analysis
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
- MIL-T-17128 §4.4.3 - Solubility
- ASTM D95 - Water by Distillation Test