MIL-DTL-87177 - Synthetic Water Displacing Corrosion Preventive Compound Lubricants Specification
We perform quality and conformance testing by military specification MIL-DTL-87177, which covers a synthetic water-displacing lubricants. These lubricants are used as a corrosion preventive compound, and may be applied from gas pressurized containers, or by dipping or brushing. These lubricants may be used on any metal surfaces, and are primarily intended for in-service treatment of moving parts.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes MIL-L-87177 - Water Displacing Lubricant Specification
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-DTL-87177. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- MIL-DTL-87177 §4.5.1 - Dryness Test
- ASTM D1310 - Flash and Fire Point Test
- ASTM D877 - Dielectric Strength Test
- ASTM D2266 - Four Ball Lubricity Test (Modified per specification)
- MIL-DTL-87177 §4.5.2 - Residue Soluble in Trichlorotrifluorethane
- MIL-DTL-87177 §4.5.3 - Leakage Test
- MIL-DTL-87177 §4.5.4 - Content
- MIL-DTL-87177 §4.5.5 - Performance of Pressurized Containers
- ASTM D942 - Oxidation Stability Test
- ASTM B117 - Salt Spray Corrosion Test
- MIL-DTL-87177 §4.5.7 - Sprayability Test