A-A-3007 - Thinner for Phenol-Formaldehyde and Medium Oil and Styrenated Alkyd Paints and Varnishes Specification
We perform quality testing by Specification A-A-3007, which covers paint thinners used in styrenated alkyd, medium oil alkyd and long oil alkyd enamels. This thinner can also be used to reduce phenol-formaldehyde spar varnishes. This specification is used by the US Air Force, Army, and Navy, as well as by commercial manufacturers.
To read or download this specification, click [HERE]. This specification supersedes Military Specifications TT-T-306 and TT-T001386.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification A-A-3007. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D1353 - Non-Volatile Residue Test
- FTM 4491 - Spot Test (Discoloration and Oiliness)
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip Test
- ASTM D156 - Saybolt Color Analysis
- ASTM D56 - Flash Point Test
- ASTM D1613 - Acidity in Volatile Solvents
- ASTM D1476 - Heptane Miscibility
- ASTM D1296 - Odor Analysis
- ASTM D3539 - Relative Evaporation Rate