ASTM D5983 - Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether (MTBE) for Downstream Blending for Use in Automotive Spark-Ignition Engine Fuel Specification
We perform fuel quality testing by Specification ASTM D5983, which covers fuel grade methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE) used in automotive fuel blending. This grade of MTBE may be used in commerce, terminal blending, or downstream blending with fuels for spark-ignition engines.
For additional information on this test method or to purchase a copy of the method, please click HERE to open a new window and visit the ASTM website.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification ASTM D4985. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D4176 - Free Water & Particulate Contamination
- ASTM D4045 - Sulfur Content
- ASTM D381 - Gum Content Test
- ASTM D5441 - MTBE Test
- ASTM D1298 - Density (API Gravity) Test
- ASTM D4052 - Density & API Gravity
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip Test
- ASTM E203 - Water Content Test
or ASTM E1064 - Water Content
- ASTM D4953 - Vapor Pressure Test
- ASTM D156 - Saybolt Color Analysis