MIL-C-11796C - Petrolatum Corrosion Preventive Compound
We perform lubricants testing by specification MIL-C-11796, which covers a corrosion preventive compound used on small metal parts and metal mechanisms. This military specification covers several grades of a suitable formulated petrolatum-base corrosion preventive compound for military use. The compound can be used on small metal parts, recoil mechanisms, in submarine ballast tanks, and for outdoor unshielded metal parts.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification is currently inactive pending new design, but is still used for replacement purposes.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification MIL-C-11796C. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact one of our laboratories today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D937 - Penetration
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point
- ASTM D127 - Melting Point
- ASTM D874 - Sulfated Ash Content
- MIL-C-11796C §4.6.2 - Stability
- MIL-C-11796C §4.6.3 - Volatility
- FTM 3453 - Oxygen Absorption (Modified per Specification)
- MIL-C-11796C §4.6.5 - Miscibility with Lubricating Oil
- MIL-C-11796C §4.6.6 - Abrasives
- MIL-C-11796C §4.6.7 - Slick
- ASTM D1748 - Rust Protection (See specification for modifications)
- MIL-C-11796C §4.6.9 - Low Temperature Adhesion
- MIL-C-11796C §4.6.10 - Flow Point
- MIL-C-11796C §4.6.11 - Removability