VV-L-825 - Federal Specification for Uninhibited Refrigerant Compressor Lubricating Oil
We perform quality and conformance testing by Military Specification VV-L-825, which covers lubricating oils used in refrigerant compressors. These lubricating oils are identified by the following Military and NATO symbols: Type II (RCO-2, NATO Code O-282), Type III (RCO-3), and Type IV (RCO-4, NATO Code O-290).
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification VV-L-825. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity Test
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point Test
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point Test
- ASHRAE 86 - Floc Point Test
- ASTM D1500 - Color Analysis
- ASTM D974 - Acid/Base Number
- ASTM D877 - Dielectric Strength Test
- ASTM D611 - Aniline Point Test
- ASTM D287 - API Gravity/Density Test
- ASHRAE 97 - Chemical Stability
- ASTM D130 - Corrosion Copper Strip Test
- FTM 3452 - Bearing Compatibility & Journal Bearing Test
- ASTM D189 - Conradson Carbon Residue Test
- ASTM D482 - Ash Content Test
- ASTM D1744 - Water Content Test